Monday, July 14, 2008

the king of kong


The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters is a beautiful reminder of why I love film and find myself sitting through two hours of mediocrity most of the time - there is always the hope of being blown away. This documentary about obtaining the world record at the classic arcade video game Donkey Kong is superb. Cassie and I finished watching it and both looked at each other repeating back and forth how great this movie is (and then immediately joined the Facebook group "Steve Wiebe is the Real King of Kong"). I've always had a ton of respect for documentary filmmakers and Seth Gordon has produced a masterpiece filled with characters I don't think Hollywood's screen writers could come up with. It's one of the best docs I've ever seen (probably second to only Hoop Dreams) and I urge anyone interested in being entertained for 90 minutes to immediately stop and drop it in your queue.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a great film that was! how can i email you? my address is golden.halos@earthlink.net